Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday

Saturday was much calmer than Friday. In fact, Amy called me Friday evening and told me the snow was moving in to North Carolina and they were coming home early. She said they'd get here about 2:30 in the morning and to not let the kids know they were here this morning. I promised to keep the kids occupied so they could sleep in. The kids had eaten breakfast and were at the table writing in their journals when their parents' bedroom door opened---and there was mom and dad!! They were totally unsuspecting and you could see that it took a good 2-3 seconds for it to even compute. I think Jay & Amy were taken aback by their kids running and hugging them and crying all over them. It was a good moment. It even made me think about how it was going to be with God when we finally see Him. We think we know how we're going to respond, but we may totally surprise ourselves.


The boys each got Nerf dart guns that they've spent hours playing with today.



It was fast-paced action around Florida with 2 boys and 2 guns.



Guess what Olivia got? Nope, not a doctor's kit----PINK socks! And she was one happy camper.



Mom & Dad were a little sad that they had to cut their trip short. And they found out they weren't alone. So some of the couples that went on the trip decided to go out tonight on a date night together. Before they left, we played a rousing game of Simon Says.



Daddy was Simon and tricked Mommy by telling her to move over--without saying "Simon Says." So she had to sit down.

Well, everyone's in bed for the night. But Isaac is in his bedroom crying his eyes out because he doesn't want me to go home. You'd think I'd be bawling right along with him. Instead, I'm trying to think of a way to help him work through this. Like Amy said, our little guy is a pretty emotional/dramatic kid. I love that about him. But I hate that he gets so sad each time I leave. Josiah has learned from the best and is eeking out a few tears for good measure. LOL! I love these kids. I'd love for them move closer to home....no pressure, Jay & Amy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have loved reading your blogs of your visit to Florida. It makes me excited about being a grandmother someday! I can see why Isaac and Josiah cried to see you go!!