Friday, January 22, 2010

Toilet Paper

Toilet paper? Seriously?? I wouldn't have thought it worth talking about either until this past week. I used to buy Scott toilet paper when my kids were growing up. I wanted the better stuff, but the kids went through it too fast. And I learned...it wasn't about the paper, it was about taking about 3-4 feet off the roll...no matter the brand. So we used Scott. It lasted a long time. See? it says 1000 feet per roll.


After the kids moved out, we realized it was just US! We could have the good stuff! So I bought Charmin Ultra Soft. Actually, it was after Andy complained to Amy that I never bought the good stuff. So I did...even though it was more expensive. And we liked it.
But recently, I found some Scott tissue on sale and bought it for my long-term pantry. I didn't mind keeping the cheaper stuff on hand for those emergencies. And we had one--we ran out of Charmin. So I ran downstairs and got a roll of the Scott, thinking "no big deal!" But WOW! I honestly didn't remember how thin it was. We're spoiled, I guess. We're Charmin people now. I can't believe I just blogged about toilet paper....but it's been a topic of conversation in our house this week. We had 1000 feet to use, after all!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

oh girl! it's charmin for us too. :)

Lindsey said...

Andy complained about that Scott stuff to me several times too. It really is chafing! And toilet paper is a big deal!

Cathy Bryant said...

I LOVE that you blogged about toilet paper! =) Your post has mass appeal, 'cause we all use it!

I wanted to let you know that I've give you the Prolific Blogger award. You can pick it up at WordVessel.

Blessings,
Cathy

Cheryl Dietz said...

Those things are a theme with the Dietz's and it must be inherited because Jason always insisted that we buy Charmin, too. Thankfully, we can get Charmin here too,although it is not quite the same and I can buy it in yellow or blue, too!

Gary said...

I must truly be my father's son because, like Pop, I always look for the cheapest brand of whatever I'm shopping for. For that reason, Amy doesn't allow me shop for TP anymore.

Sandra said...

Only you could get an award for blogging about TP. LOL