Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Free Book by Brian Tome


If I had purchased this book and wasn't reading it for a book review, Brian would have lost me on the first page. I'm not sure what he was hoping to gain with some of the language he used in this book.

But...if I had put the book down, I would have missed out on some valuable material. That's the conflict I was left with after reading this book. Brian addresses some issues that desperately need addressing such as strongholds and getting rid of those "squatters" in your life. He's open and honest (almost to a fault) about issues he's dealt with himself. I know Brian is genuine in his desire to lead others to a life of freedom---which is what this book is all about. And you can see that he's living that life himself.

The thing I felt this book was lacking was love. Brian seemed angry and irreverent. The verse that kept coming to my mind was Ephesians 4:29 (Amp.) which says, "Let no foul or polluting language, nor evil word nor unwholesome or worthless talk [ever] come out of your mouth, but only such [speech] as is good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others, as is fitting to the need and the occasion, that it may be a blessing and give grace (God's favor) to those who hear it."

I think if I'd been Brian's mama (and I'm almost old enough to be!), I would have bent him over my knee for some of the things he said (and he's actually old enough to know better!). But I have a feeling that this statement is only going to bring a grin to his face and is just the response he was hoping for!

I'd give this book 1 1/2 stars out of 5. The information is vital. But the way it's presented keeps me from wanting to share the book with those who need it.

2 comments:

TheShermanFam said...

So, bad language as in cursing? or just rude, etc.??

Becky Dietz said...

Well, it's definitely stuff I washed my kids mouths out with soap if I heard them say it!