Friday, January 30, 2009

Mandy

I wish you could have been at Living Water this morning. Let me back up....Mandy began coming to Living Water at the first of this year to get groceries. She had just given up drugs. In fact, she'd started going to Grace Fellowship in December. One Sunday at Grace, she was so tired of fighting her last stronghold of marijuana, she put a bag of it in the offering plate! (Can't you just see those ushers' faces?!?) And then she came to us for food. She was nervous, but when Cairl greeted her at the door with a hug (which he does for everyone!), it calmed her fears. And she's been coming ever since.
Last Tuesday, Mandy showed up at Living Water wanting to volunteer---she said she was even willing to clean toilets! So I handed her the vacuum and she spent the next hour vacuuming the whole building. The whole time she was vacuuming, she was singing hymns. After she finished, I asked her, "So when do you want to sing for chapel at Living Water?" She smiled big and said she was ready anytime! So I put her on the schedule for today.
She was nervous---you could tell. But she was also excited. Of course, she told me how Satan tried to discourage her from singing for us. (The jerk!) But she'd even invited her niece to come hear her sing. As she got up, I asked her to share her testimony of how she'd put the pot in the offering plate. (I took my camera with the intentions of taking her picture while she sang, but I got so involved in her story that I forgot to take pictures!!) I handed her the microphone----and that girl began to PREACH!!! It was awesome and amazing. The finishing words of her testimony were this: "I've been off of everything since December. I'm even going through a detox this week. And yesterday a friend called and asked me for a bottle of my pee!! I am clean enough to give my pee for a urine test!" Is that not hysterical? Then she went on to say that, of course, it was wrong to share your pee for someone else's urine test.
Please pray for Mandy. Her faith is so new. Mandy is my age and has been married 15 times! Yep---no misprint---15 times!! She's searched for love and has finally found it in Jesus. She's very vocal about how God has saved her and changed her so you know Satan is ticked. Please pray for Mandy. Wow---what a morning! Wish you could have been there.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I wish I'd been there!! Awesome.

amy wright said...

Tell Mandy that I'll pray for her!

Julie Simmons said...

that's what Christianity is all about, WOW! love it

As We Are said...

That is amazing! What a story and what a blessing to get to work with her! I'll pray for Mandy tonight.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story! I know that Satan is really going to start attacking her now! I wish I could offer her some advice but I am not an expert myself at warding off his attacks (as you know) so I will pray for her!!

Ilene said...

Wow! What an amazing story. Thanks for sharing it. I love our awesome God.