Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Don't you LOVE blogging??


I do!! I can't imagine life without blogging now. I've always been a "writer." I've written letters forever. In fact, I remember sending Andy a STACK of letters at one time when we were dating. He was on a 3 month tour with the Royalheirs. (Really! How much can you say???) I began journalling 15 years ago. I still have all of my journals and have left instructions for Amy to come collect them if I die! ha! And now...why do I care? I put all of my thoughts out there for the whole world to read!!
But I love reading other people's blogs. I have "sisters" all over the country that I may never meet face-to-face, but I'm getting to know them through their blogs. And I have friends that I've lost touch with and am getting reacquainted with them through blogging. I also have some young preachers that I check out---I love their spiritual insight. I don't know how I'd be handling have a daughter thousands of miles from me (it is thousands, right? It feels like thousands!) if I couldn't read her blog every day and see pictures of those grandkids just as often!! (I may have more grandkids living further away in the near future, too!)
So...Marcy Faye. Thank you. Thank you for convincing me that I would love this. Thank you for dragging me into the blogging world when I wasn't sure how to set it up or make it cute. It's enlarged my world and given me insight into other people's lives. It's helped me focus my own thoughts. It's stretched me spiritually as younger women/men challenge me. I love blogging!!

7 comments:

Linda Clark said...

I began keeping up with Emily's blog while she was in the hospital and came across yours and have been blessed by it so often. We were missionaries in Chile with Janis and her family. Your words have inspired me as well as helped me in a moment I needed it. I have three children. A married son and his wife live in Louisville, Ky. Michael is working on his PhD. Another married son and his wife live in Tulsa, Ok. He will finish law school in May. My daughter who just finished college in Dec. is getting married in May. Then that summer move to Tn., where her husband to be plays football and attend school at Carson Newman College. Thanks for blessing me, Linda Clark

Becky Dietz said...

Wow, Linda! You just proved my point---I have friends I don't even know about and we're getting acquainted through the blogging world. I'll be praying for you during this busy season of your life! (I know exactly what that's like!)

TheShermanFam said...

I'm glad you are a fellow blogger now, too!!:D

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I too love blogging! I don't talk much (as I am sure most people who know me have figured out---ha!) but I LOVE to write! I even won awards for it in high school but have since quit. Until blogging. Now I am excited because I have lots to say and I don't have to worry fearing about people not wanting to hear me...they can read or not, it's their choice!

amy wright said...

I like it too. I have lots of people ask me if I miss home. I have to honestly answer "no". But that's only because I feel like I talk to everyone every day.
Now my kids, I'm sure they feel disconnected. But it's hard for me to understand since I have this.

Julie Simmons said...

You know you're addicted to blogging when you see everything that happens in life through the lens of "this will be so great on my blog"! LOL

Thanks, Becky. You introduced me to blogging. Not only is it great to be reconnected with you and your family, it's also nice to have "community" even when starting out in a new town.

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

I knew you would LOVE it. Do I know you or what? I also knew you'd be good at it. So nice catching up with you and Andy. Love you!