Sunday, January 25, 2009

A "Yes" Heart

I want to have a "yes" heart. God's been working on my heart to get me there for years! (No joke.) Jason Huddleston preached this morning and he didn't say this exact thing, but that's what was resonating in my heart throughout his sermon.
I think about the disciplies. Peter had a "yes" heart. Thomas didn't. Peter stepped out of the boat. Thomas had to be told by Jesus to touch his wounds if it took that to believe it was really him. Peter easily repented. Thomas followed slowly at a distance.
Having the gift of prophecy means I probably overanalyze everything. I question and discern things forever before embracing. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't examine and discern---I'm just saying I want to go through life ready to embrace, ready to receive, ready to jump into life's opportunities! And more importantly, I want to consider others before myself. That's where I've been lately. Andy's had to reprove me over being selfish with my time, my home, my energy. UGH! I hate that about me. I can excuse it by saying I'm working and I'm tired (which is true), but the truth is, I've thought about me above others.
I want a teachable heart---a "yes" heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't have the gift of prophecy but I too overanalyze everything! I am a big skeptic and it takes alot for me to believe anything! I feel I have been rebelling against God lately and don't why! I just feel like I am stuck. But I do want a yes heart. It is just so hard to get there.

amy wright said...

I wish you would quit writing down your convictions. Now I guess that I have to have a "yes" heart! Haha

Kara said...

LOL Amy. I really do want a YES heart. And I also had to tell you that Dave and I had a discussion about Peter last night and the faith that he had. Thanks Becky.

Julie Simmons said...

that's interesting. i would've thought prophecy meant you were so discerning you wouldn't need to overanalyze. being melancholy, i'm very introspective. and sometimes i wonder, is that selfish?