Thursday, January 22, 2009

The old tree house

A couple of men who come to Living Water regularly asked me 3 weeks ago if they could come and trim my tree. I didn't have the money at the time, so I told them to hit me up later. (I was impressed that they were trying to find work!) They came back today and were willing to do it today---for $75 less than their earlier quote. I called Andy and he told me to let them do it. I have to laugh because Andy couldn't just let them do it alone---he kept coming home and checking on them---which is a good thing when you don't know your workers well. This is what I found when I came home. They actually did a good job---but it was nothing that I was expecting! I thought they were going to "top" the whole tree off. But I think the steep roof of the garage got to them. Or maybe they weren't into climbing trees with a chain saw...I'm not sure. Anyway, the old tree house is fully exposed and we certainly got our money's worth. They did a bang-up job cleaning up!! And Andy no longer has to stress over the tree falling in on the garage or the cable lines. It's about 1/2 of the tree that it used to be!
Sidenote: One of the men (about 45 years old) told me he'd tried finding a better job, but he can't read! So he's having to find odd jobs to support himself. I was blessed to have been able to help them out--which also helped me out. If anyone in Borger needs a tree trimmed......





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good...and actually we do need a few trees trimmed...

Bret said...

I haven't ever even seen the tree before but that looks impressive. That red barn/garage looks like a great backdrop for some pictures!

Lindsey said...

Wow! That looks great!