Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The accuser

God just keeps revealing my heart to ME! Ouch!!
Does this ever happen to you? Is there a difficult person in your life? Does Satan accuse him/her to you in your mind?
Here's a picture God gave me today:
It's as if I'm in a courtroom and that person is on the witness stand. Satan is the Prosecutor and is accusing the witness of every wrong he's ever done to me. Jesus is the Defender. And I'm seated next to Jesus. And then as Satan accuses the witness, I begin to chime in, "YES!! Yes, that's exactly what he's done! I agree--get him!! What a scumbag---what a dirty, rotten, no-good louse!"
And Jesus just turns and looks at me. He's supposed to be DEFENDING me (and the witness, actually!! His desire is to turn our hearts into agreement with one another) and here I am agreeing with the Prosecuting Enemy! I'm helping the enemy's wicked case---not my own---not what Jesus desires for me.

I encourage you to read James 4. Wow.

3 comments:

Enjoying the journey... said...

You are so good with word pictures!

Tammy said...

Becky. as I was blog stalking tonight I came upon Jennifer Johnson's blog and your comment, that was awesome advice. So many times the guilt of not having that quiet, sit down, shut the closet door time with God is overwhelming. But how many great conversations have I had with God while I was in a car by myself?

Sandra said...

This is really good. I used it for our homeschool Bible lesson today. :-)