Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mouth

Yes, I will go to any lengths for a visual image...

"But when He, the Spirit of Truth (the Truth-giving Spirit) comes, He will guide you into all the Truth (the whole, full Truth). For He will not speak His own message [on His own authority]; but He will tell whatever He hears [from the Father; He will give the message that has been given to Him], and He will announce and declare to you the things that are to come [that will happen in the future]."  John 16:13

As my prayer partners & I prayed this morning, I had a new revelation from this verse.  Actually, it was during a time of discipline (from God, not my prayer partners).  I was being corrected about my desire to set everyone straight...because, of course, I am right and they are not. 

I was discussing how my gift can be a blessing or a curse--depending on if I'm walking in the Spirit or the flesh.  (And can't they all?)  But mine, particularly.  I was being reminded that Romans 12:12-21 has an order I need in my life.  I need to be praying, giving, being hospitable.  I need to bless those who persecute me.  I need to rejoice and weep with others.  My goal needs to be harmony, unity.  I should not overestimate myself.  I need to live at peace with others.  I need to leave the way open for God to do His own disciplining...kind of like I was getting at the moment.

And then came John 16:13. 

BAM!! 

If the Holy Spirit doesn't speak His own message on His own authority...(are you getting this?)...why do I think I can?  He only gives the messages the Father gives Him.  Wow!  Talk about submission.  Talk about respect.  Talk about agreement.  Talk about...what I need to do!

No comments: