Monday, August 2, 2010

Audit



I'm going through an audit at Living Water.  My auditor just emailed and said he needs about an hour with me to ask some questions.  And actually, this is less time than he needed last year.  I'm already sweating today just thinking about tomorrow!

I hate audits.  I'm not an accountant.  I'm just a mom who knows how to balance a checkbook who happens to direct a ministry.  There are some things my auditor will ask for and all he'll get back is a blank stare.  What is that?  And where did I put it??

But as I sat here and thought about this upcoming question/answer appointment, I was thankful when I thought about my relationship with God.  He is an accountant and He does keep careful track of all we do.  But the difference with God is that I can come to Him and ask Him to clear my account--and it's over...done away with...never to be remembered!!

I just feel sorry for those who will have to stand before Him some day and give account.  That alone would have been enough reason for this girl to come to Christ and ask forgiveness of every sin!! 

No comments: