Thursday, August 26, 2010

Seasons....

As spring was turning into summer this year, I made a conscious decision.  I wasn't going to complain about the summer.

Now...I'm not a summer person.  As a child, we didn't have sunblock lotion, so this little redhead usually looked like a burned clam.  And as a family, we lived at the lake all summer!  So not only did I get sunburns, I'd usually get water blisters, too.  We also didn't have Aloe Vera gel.  It's easy to see why I don't like the sun...or heat.

But as it began to get warmer this year, I noticed a growing trend on Facebook.  People were complaining.  They began to complain about the rain or storms in the spring and began to complain about the warmer weather.  It made me think of the children of Israel wandering in the dessert...murmuring and complaining.  So I decided right then and there that I wasn't going to participate.  I have my favorite seasons and absolutely love and enjoy them.  And I realized God created summer for those who felt the same about the sun and heat.  So I decided to grace them to enjoy what God had created especially for them.  And I wouldn't complain.

But this week....oh this week!  I've felt fall in the air!  And it's my absolute favorite season.  I got married in the fall.  I love everything about it---the cooler weather, the colors, the smell, the way the sun hangs in the azure blue sky---all of it!

And then comes winter.  It's also my friend.  Please, please don't complain about the snow this year.   Grace me---because I'll be enjoying it!

5 comments:

amy wright said...

I promise you that I will not complain about the snow this year. :)

As We Are said...

I however, cannot make that promise. Can we still be friends?

Lindsey said...

I promise not to complain about fall. I'll be enjoying every second of it. I've felt fall in the air this week too, and it has been glorious!

Sandra said...

I LOVE fall and winter too. But always felt guilty about liking it when Daddy was having to deliver mail and would come home exhausted because of being in the weather. LOL

Becky Dietz said...

Thanks for the sacrifice, Ames.

Tamra--I'll be your friend forever. In fact, I've already asked God to put us next door to each other in heaven. And I've asked Him to bless you with heat and me with fall-like weather.

It hit me as I was writing this, Lindsey, that we both had fall weddings!

Sandra...I know. But the great thing is that dad would even get out in the snow with us occassionally!