Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Distinctiveness

I'm a little sad about something.  I'm seeing less and less distinctiveness among Christians.  Jesus told us to be the light of the world...to be in the world, but not of the world...to be holy as He is holy...

But what I see are Christians flirting with the world.  Instead of the world desiring what we have, I see Christians desiring what the world has.

Today, I read this in My Utmost for His Highest:
"Never tolerate, because of sympathy for yourself or for others, any practice that is not in keeping with a holy God. Holiness means absolute purity of your walk before God, the words coming from your mouth, and every thought in your mind— placing every detail of your life under the scrutiny of God Himself. Holiness is not simply what God gives me, but what God has given me that is being exhibited in my life."

1 comment:

As We Are said...

Oh gosh, that is so good! You are making me want to get my book out and read through it again. Thank you for this!