Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Captives

This morning, I met with my prayer partners.  We began talking about the thoughts we were battling in our minds.  And we all were.  Battling, that is.

JP made the comment that she had begun stopping and praying when those thoughts came in.  And then she said this, "That's captivity."  She was referencing II Corinthians 10:3-6.

I instantly had a picture in my mind!  (See above.)  We're either prisoners of our thoughts or our thoughts are the prisoners.  They either hold us captive or we hold them captive.  Who's going to be the captive--me or the enemy (the source of most of those thoughts)?

Are you going to be a prisoner to your thoughts or are you going to make your thoughts the prisoner? 

I'm sorry I'm so repetitive, but it's a HUGE thought!  The Bible says in I Timothy 4:1 that there will be seducing spirits in the last days.  We have to be able to discern Truth from lies.  We have to be walking in the Spirit to be able to discern.  Whenever a thought comes into your mind that accuses you, examine it!!  Is it Truth??  Or is it a lie?  Are you harboring an offense?  Then make that thought a prisoner.  Forgive where forgiveness is needed.  Pray for that person who has taken residence in your mind.  Bless them. 

I'm thinking I'll give these hostages to Jesus.  He'll know what to do with them.

2 comments:

The McCown's said...

This IS a huge thing!!! If we truly grabbed hold of this principle and applied it, what freedom it would bring Good stuff :o)

Unknown said...

Becky - thanks for sharing. I love your blog. And this is so relevant! I think most of the things I'm battling spiritually and in life right now are products of my thought life. I've been asking God on almost a daily basis to take my thoughts captive and speak truth to me in place of the lies of the enemy. It's a difficult process, but I believe prayer is the answer.