Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Black-eyed Bride


How reprehensible is this photo?  You just don't see many photos of a bride with a black eye.  Makes you wonder, doesn't it?  What would you think if I told you that she did this to herself...right before her wedding?  I'm sure you'd be like me and ask, "Why????"

And I'd agree with you.  Why would a bride give herself a black eye...right before the biggest day of her life?  I'm sure we have the answer if we think a bit.  Why would a bride...

Exactly.  Why are we...the bride of Christ...not only giving ourselves a black eye, but beating each part of our body to a bloody pulp?

Answer that, and I think we have the answer to the photo above.

"Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready." Revelation 19:7

6 comments:

amy wright said...

Do you know that bride?

Becky Dietz said...

No...I really don't know her. Just using her as a parable.

Emily Suzanne said...

Where did you find this? It's disturbing...and good, thought-provoking too!

Becky Dietz said...

Girls, sometimes I get an idea in my mind and then go to Google Images and just type in a word and find a photo to go with my subject. This is a case in point.

Sandra said...

...and just imagine how grieved the groom is to see his bride so injured!

amy wright said...

I see where you are coming from, but I think that the "bride" in the picture is actually a man. hahahaha