Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

Matt, Zach, Amy & David

With everyone posting photos of their children's first day of school, my mind went back...well, lots of years ago.  Here's a run-down of my 4 kids' first day of school.

Matt
Took him to kindergarten and he grabbed the door frame and wouldn't go in.  The teacher began to gently pull on him to get him in...while I was pushing.  We finally broke his grip and Andy & I made a quick dash out....only to get out to the car and find Matt running after us.  Process repeated.

Amy
Took her to kindergarten with perfectly curled hair and an adorable dress.  She skipped down the hall and told her dad & I to stay where we were...she knew the way to her class.  And off she went!

David
Took him to kindergarten and only made it half-way down the hall when he balked.  His principal (a friend from church) saw David start crying and took him into a broom closet to talk to him.  (I know...what????)  He finally came out and made it into the classroom.

Zach
Took him to kindergarten and he went pretty willingly, considering he knew lots of kids in his class.  I walked through a crowd of crying  mothers and got in my car and yelled, "YESSSSSSS!!!  All 4 kids in school!"  And then my friend and I planned a celebration lunch together with our husbands which became a tradition for the next 13 years.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

aren't memories wonderful?

Anonymous said...

Lindsay still probably has to take David to the broom closet to make him behave. Abigail is giving us the Amy treatment. On only her second day of Kindergarten she has requested that we "drop" her off from the car and not even get out of our vehicle much less walk her to class. Can't wait till teenage years!