Monday, March 15, 2010

Israel

I don't know if you've heard what's going on between the U.S. and Israel, but it's significant and we should pay close attention.  You can read all about the situation here, but just let me say that a line has been drawn between us.  It's all over the issue of whether Israel has the right to build in East Jerusalem.  I know it's all very political and has to do with Palestinian/Israeli relations , but doesn't it just blow your mind that other countries can tell another country where they can build and not build in their own capital?  What do you think would happen if the roles were reversed and Israel told us we could no longer build in Washington D.C. because of political relations with a bordering country who thought our land should belong to them?
There is a war going on against Israel that is not a physical war.  Satan hates Israel because it belongs to God.  If you look at it realistically, it makes no sense why someone would want Israel (or Jerusalem).  There's no oil, no industry, the land isn't strategic....it's all a spiritual battle.
The other thing we should know is God's promise to Israel.  And it should make a difference in how we respond. 

 Genesis 12:2-3 (New International Version)

"I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.  And you can go here and let the White House know you support Israel.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the scripture you posted as it was the first thing that came to mind when I read your blog. I truly believe that part of the reason our country has been so blessed has been our friendship with and compassion toward Israel. It is my fear that one day God will remove his hand of blessing from this country if we continue down the road we seem to be headed on.

Things have changed so much with regard to the global climate. It is interesting to see history unfold and maybe a little scary. Thanks for sharing with us Becky - I always enjoy reading your blog.

Come quickly Lord Jesus!!

SF said...

You are so right Becky...I believe it is all spiritual. That is where the Temple is , right?, and that is where the evil one will desecrate it, but only for a short while. So is this one step moving us toward the end days, well of course, but as we know...sooner or later, no one knows. Just be ready!! We are in Revelations in Community Bible Study and it has been an eye opener more of how soveriegn our God is. Wonderful study. When it doesnt make sense to me, I just remind myself it doesnt have to, because God is soooo in control of now, those last days and even the days of tribulation. Satan himself is controlled and limited and he is his biggest deceiver! Also, from what I am learning these are the very things the Deceiver does to his own followers to do his evil work.
There is such peace in knowing that whatever I dont understand , God does and he has it taken care of. However, it is exciting to know and see the things that are taking place and the sounds are getting louder and louder! We must always be a support to Israel.
It does sicken me to see Obama take his shoes off and pray with the Muslims. We are watching all those who are in mosques in the US for fear they are extremist infiltrating our Nation!! and we have a President who says dont question his religion and bows to the very god of those mosque's. The Deceiver is a live and well on the homefront of the USA. I am more humbled and grateful today for His saving grace for me. The light may be dimmer here, but it will never go out until the day He calls His people home.