Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What I learned over coffee

This morning, I had coffee at Living Water with some of the guys. We always try to solve the world's problems when we meet. I can mention Iran, North Korea or anything and really get them stirred up. Ha! And sometimes I do it just to sit back and watch.
But Gib, being 80 years old. is concerned. He's concerned for the future of our nation. And it started a dialogue between all of us. We all have concerns and none of us really knows what to do about it. I try to be proactive---I call senators and congressmen when a bill is up that I disagree with. I send emails to them. I try to make others aware as well. But....what do you do???? I mean other than a sit-in (Oh you girls are way too young. Maybe Tammy heard about our 1970 sit-in at Pampa High School over the Vietnam war!), a friendly riot or carrying signs. I mean...what do you do?
We took it back to the basics by the end of our conversation. "If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, forgive their sin and heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14.
It really is basic, isn't it? Nothing like a good cup of coffee with friends to get back to basics!

No comments: