Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Progression and Intention of Truth

I want to share with you what God has taught me about the progression and intention of Truth. I'm reading through Jeremiah right now. In Jer.1:10, Jeremiah is told, "See, I have this day appointed you to the oversight of the nations and of the kingdoms to root out and pull down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."
I've always said that when I began asking God for Truth in my life, he first began revealing the lies I had believed. That is the progression of Truth. God told Jeremiah that he was going to deliver the nations into his hands. And he would go in and tear down first. And then...then he would build up and plant. So if you desire truth in your inward parts (Psalm 51:6), expect a revealing of strongholds that need to be torn down first. After you have torn down, God will come in and build up and plant in your life--if you allow Him to do it. The tearing down part can be scary at first. I compare it to a newborn baby flailing as he comes from his place of comfort into a cold and wide-open space! But the freedom it brings feels so good you begin going back and asking for more!
And then the intention. I saw it for the first time this morning and it answered so many questions for me. This is from the Amplified in Jeremiah 2:20, "For long ago [in Egypt] I broke your yoke and burst your bonds [not that you might be free, but that you might serve Me] and long ago you shattered the yoke and snapped the bonds [of My law which I put upon you]; you said, I will not serve and obey You! For upon every high hill and under every green tree you [eagerly] prostrated yourself [in idolatrous worship], playing the harlot." (emphasis mine) God sets us free by knowing his Truth. (John 14:6) But the end result of that knowledge is not to be our freedom----it's servitude! Servitude to God himself. Ahhh....that clears up so much confusion! That's how the church has gotten off into the freedom movement. God hasn't released us from our bondage to enjoy our freedom (although that does happen!) The intent of our deliverance is to become his servant. Our hearts should be so full of gratitude towards God delivering us, that we gladly sacrifice all of our desires for his desires and then serve his kingdom the rest of our lives. And then we find out that God's order moves in. When we delight in him, he puts his desires in our hearts. When we're seeking his kingdom first, he meets all of our needs. That, my friends, is the progression and intention of Truth! What a great plan God has.

No comments: