Thursday, June 25, 2009

Beautiful Idea!


After I sent out the plea for prayer support for the people's needs here at Living Water last week, Cindy Boyer sent me this idea. This is something that could translate to any ministry in any town. Thank you, Cindy, for a wonderful idea!!
Here is a thought I’ve had for several years and it won’t go away! I go to parties, showers, weddings, etc and everyone is so loaded up with an abundance of stuff and we are so blessed. I wonder sometimes if the women you mentioned in your note (who were sick or had great emotional needs) have ever had anyone do anything for them to make them just feel special.
I think we ought to have a party for them sometime where we all get together and have cake, punch, pretty decorations and they all get at least one gift. Wouldn’t that be fun? We could honor them for their tenacity to keep going in the midst of terrible circumstances. We could call it the “Come and Be Blessed Party”.
You can bet your bottom dollar we're going to be having a "Come & Be Blessed Party" here at Living Water!!

5 comments:

amy wright said...

What a sweet idea. Everyone needs to feel cared for like that!

As We Are said...

I love that idea Becky! I can't imagine how special that would make them feel.

Kaci Lusk said...

I love that idea Becky! I would like to help however I can!

Lindsey said...

That is a fabulous idea! I'd love to be part of something like that!

TheShermanFam said...

I know I already told you...but I would love to be a part of this! I can not wait!!!