Friday, June 12, 2009

May I wax that lip for you?

Have you ever heard of a wild hair? Like....He got a wild hair and tiled his fireplace in blue and yellow tiles!
I found out where that term came from. About six months ago, I went to get my hair cut. Now this hairstylist is a girl I love that I mentored a few years ago. I always get my brows waxed. This time she looked at me and asked, "Do we wax your lip?" WHAT???? I calmly replied, "Does it need it?" To which she calmly replied, "Yes," and didn't wait for an answer as she began smearing hot wax on my upper lip.
Ok....that was weird. Obviously my eyes are getting worse. I didn't even know I needed a lip wax. A couple of months later, Caitlin and Alexis came over and we had a girls night where we had a beauty makeover for Gran. As Caitlin was applying makeup on one side of my face she exclaimed, "Ooooh, Gran! You've got a black hair on your lip!" (Said with extreme disgust!) I put my glasses on and looked in the mirror----and sure enough! One lone wild black hair. It was disgusting!
Girls, I try to mentor you. I try to prepare you for things that no one tells you about. I am 53. Appparently, this is when you began learning for yourself what a wild hair really is. And now? I get the whole blue and yellow tile thing....I also regularly put my glasses on and look in the mirror.

5 comments:

As We Are said...

Funny! Atleast you got to wait until 53 for hair on your lip. Some of us are not that fortunate, but we CAN see them!

amy wright said...

I don't get the yellow and blue tile thing. Is that Kim's store?

Becky Dietz said...

It's terrible not to be able to see things, Tamra!! So if you're around me and DO see a black hair on my lip, just act like you don't, ok? Just means I haven't put my glasses on in front of the mirror in awhile.

Sorry, Amy! I know my brain is so random. The tiled fireplace is just a random photo I found online of somethng WILD! Something someone with a WILD HAIR would do. Hope that helps!

Amy said...

No, I was just a dork. I get it now. :)

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

When I go to get waxed, they usually want to do my WHOLE face!! How's that for hairy?? I always tell Craig I need at least ONE daughter so that when I am in an old folks home, she will come tweeze all my hairs for me.