Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I saw my future

I took Andy to have a cataract removed yesterday at Dr. Rush's office---and I saw my future! It was so surreal sitting in that doctor's office for 2 hours and watching senior citizens wait their turn for eye surgery. Wow! Andy is only 58, which is a little early for cataracts, so I asked him if he felt old in that waiting room. He did. We did. We have a lot of friends who are older than us, are already retired, and enjoying their children's inheritance. So it kind of gives you a glimpse of what's ahead. One lady I work with said they had enjoyed perfect health until this year---and now they're at the doctor's office every week. They're 70. And then this morning, we went down to breakfast at the motel (boy has this place gone downhill!!!) and ate with the senior citizens that are off on vacation. *shudder* It wasn't a pretty picture---all those people in shorts. What a picture of what we have to look forward to!
Here's Andy stylin' in his eye patch....to be removed in one hour.
UPDATE: Patch is off and his eyesight is swell.

5 comments:

amy wright said...

Quit talking about being old. It freaks me out!

Becky Dietz said...

Hey! It's freaking ME out---that's why I'm talking about it! LOL!

Tammy said...

Is this kind of the same thing as eating at a restaurant and all you see is old people????? hahaha there is one night that we eat at the Plaza and I'm telling you it must be Sr. Citizen get together night. on the other hand, could make us feel young as we are the youngest couple in there! I hear what you are saying Becky. Or when you realize when you and some friends are sitting around and all of a sudden your conversation somehow gets around to everyone's aches and pains...... : (

Becky Dietz said...

There ya go, Tammy!!

Lindsey said...

Well, I don't think ya'll are that old. What I thought was hilarious was how Andy was "checking" his eyesight by winking or covering up his eyes every 3 seconds. So funny!