Thursday, June 18, 2009

What I learned from Ryan & Addie




I went to Amarillo last night to pick Andy up at the airport. So I went early so I could spend some time with Ryan & Addie before their bedtime. I had gone to Sam's beforehand and saw some really good-looking servings of different flavored cheesecakes and took them along for dessert. Ryan & Addie got to have some along with Lindsey & I. After we ate, we got to watch a little tv before their bedtime. We also got to play with their fishing game a few minutes.
Here's what I learned:

  • "Hunk-backed" whales have big mouths (Ryan)
  • Watching too much tv is bad for your brain (Ryan, again)
  • You can force a fishing pole into a fish's mouth (And Ryan, yet again)
  • After about 30 minutes, sugar kicks in (Addie)
  • Pe-tah is a name that works for both Peter Pan and Chronicles of Narnia. Lines are also used interchangably. (Ryan was Pe-tah and Addie has the inflection down perfectly!)
  • Bedtime involves lots of hugs & kisses & songs!
  • I've got some pretty cute grandkids!

4 comments:

amy wright said...

Haha...my boys also say "Pe-tah"

Lindsey said...

Thank you for coming over! I hope you got everyone home safely and that you are all getting some much-deserved rest today!

Emily Suzanne said...

They are cute grandkids! Your family is so precious!!

Janis said...

Pe-tah! who knew that's all it takes to have a British accent!!