Friday, June 19, 2009

What I learned at Living Water

Today, four people were saved at Living Water. As I went to the office and began the paper work that has to take place at the end of my Fridays, I had a small mind. I send letters to the people who make a decision to encourage them in their new walk and give them a list of churches to check out. I was just kind of disappointed with only four people finding Jesus today. We had so many new people at Living Water---and there was one woman in particular---that I was hoping they would understand their need for Jesus and accept his free gift.
I'm really not a numbers person--I just like to see lots of lives being changed! Last year this time, we were having some weeks where 18 people would decide to follow Jesus! Now those were good days! But as I sat and thought on those special times, I was corrected by the Lord himself.
He reminded me that all of heaven rejoices over one lost sinner that repents. And if I couldn't rejoice over each person who came to Jesus, then my perspective was skewed.
Having 18 people repent isn't the norm. God must have been answering prayer or wanting to make his name famous those days...I'm not sure! But each of those 18 people caused great excitement in heaven that day. Every. single. one.
So...I ended my day at Living Water giving praise for each person who found Jesus today--all four of them!

No comments: