Saturday, February 28, 2009

From 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life

Don't Worry About Tomorrow

God gave the Israelites their manna one day at a time. They were not allowed to store any of it up for another time---by doing this, they showed their trust and confidence in God and His promise to provide for them each day. Any time they did collect more than enough for one day, it became rotten and smelled bad. Many people say they have a "stinking, rotten life." They don't mean they smell--I think they're saying they have taken on too much--too much work, too much responsibility, too much to think through and it's so much, they have nowhere to put it and much is wasted. They are complicating today trying to gather provision for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wish I lived on manna!! I think things would be so much easier!!!

Julie Simmons said...

Well, I started a response to this post, but it ended up being an entire post on my blog :-) http://supersimmons5.blogspot.com/2009/02/down-road.html