Friday, February 20, 2009

Friends

This past week, Tammy asked us what gave us joy. One of my first responses (of many) was that I found joy eating a great dinner with friends and laughing my head off over a funny conversation. I got to do that tonight and it's true----it really does bring me joy!
I am so blessed. I have such great friends!! Some of these friends have overseen the remodeling of our new pastor's new house in Borger. They've had a crew of church people working on it for 3 weeks. It's been awesome watching our church come together for this project. I jokingly told my friends that I had them over tonight so they could come and enjoy a "finished project." (They redecorated my house when I was in China last year--the whole stinkin' house!!)
It was a great opportunity to tell them again what my redecorated house means to me. It's like sitting in a big hug and it's so peaceful. It's beautiful, really. I absolutely love it! Yep, I have great friends. I wish everyone was as blessed as I am.

2 comments:

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

friends bring me joy too! Obviously, Hudson brings great joy as well--I love some of the things they say that just warm your heart! Time alone brings me joy!

Anonymous said...

Friends are good, especially when they know all about you and like you anyway!!