Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Change of Polarity

I told you that I gain so much insight with the Living Water guys on Wednesday. Today was no exception. It's like having a living, breathing devotional. Let me share....
Gib, George & Cairl were talking about how sin attracts us. Our flesh and sin are 2 magnets attracting one another. The closer we get to sin, the stronger the attraction and ultimate connection.
BUT....when we confess our sins, the polarity of those magnets change. We're repelled from sin. Gib quoted this, James 4:7 "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." When we submit to God (confess our sins, walk in obedience), then we resist the devil. I looked "resist" up in the online Greek Bible dictionary and here's what it said:
to set one's self against, to withstand, resist, oppose, to set against.
Do you think when we confess our sins that the magnetic polarity changes and there is an instantaneous resistance?
These guys have great insight and send me into some deep-thinking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely something I needed to hear today! I will have to ponder this further....

Anonymous said...

I think so but I also think it is something that must be continually done...maintained.....could this be what it is to "run a good race, fight a good fight"....to keep our minds 'stayed' on Him...to abide in Jesus, the vine!!!

I loved the word picture of the magnets and reversing their polarity!