Sunday, November 23, 2008

God is AMAZING!!!!

I was overwhelmed by God this morning at church.  I was asked to write down the prayer requests in our S.S. class---and there were more PRAISES than requests!  Now that's a good day!  We were able to praise God with our S.S. class that Jay & Amy's house sold, that Emily is doing much, much better, and that God is taking care of our kids who don't have a job.  We also had a praise from a woman who was scheduled for shoulder surgery and we'd prayed for her last week.  When she got to the doctor for her surgery, they did another scan---and she was healed!!  And then our worship/praise time in our service was so meaningful that all I could do was praise Him as tears rolled down my cheeks.  Andy preached this morning and he was especially anointed.  His message was from Matthew 20:29-34 where the blind men were healed.  He highlighted the part where Jesus asked them, "What do you want me to do for you?"  And Andy's question to us, as a church, was:  "What do we want God to do for us?"  We must define what we want in order to receive our requests.  We've seen God do awesome and amazing things in our lives this week.  He is worthy of our praise!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hate it that I missed church this morning! But I was needed elsewhere! A sick baby needed me last night...and I was so tired when I got home I just couldn't make myself stay up...but I think it is awesome how God is working in our church, even with all that is going on with the pastor search and such!

TheShermanFam said...

YESSS!! Church was WAY awesome this morning! I was having trouble keeping my composure a few times! It was an awesome day. Tell Andy I really enjoyed his sermon this morning, too. :D

Kara said...

AWESSSSSSSSSOME!! I love it and I LOVE praising Jesus. I have so many praises lately and I feel SO very good because I can't stop screaming them!