Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Have a Holiday FEAST!

I met with my prayer partners this morning and we all acknowledged that holidays are stressful. In fact, in different ways, we were all dreading parts of our holidays for different reasons. How about you? Any stress going on in your heart or mind?
Chow down on this verse:
Proverbs 15:15 (Amp)
"All the days of the desponding and afflicted are made evil [by anxious thoughts and forebodings], but he who has a glad heart has a continual feast [regardless of circumstances]."
WOW, you say. And you are exactly right! What are you thinking on? What evil forebodings are you entertaining? What is making you anxious? Examine what you're thinking on. Another verse that comes to mind is this:
Proverbs 23:7
"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he." If you're dreading the days ahead, what do you become? Because whatever you're thinking on is what you become or how you act out. But you don't have to have evil forebodings. You don't have to be anxious. Is it something you can change or control? Should you? The only person we can (or should!) control is ourselves--and that's only a fruit of the Spirit. God reminded us this morning that He wanted us to be the Proverbs 31 Women who laugh over our future! (vs. 25) He's told us not to worry about tomorrow, but each day is sufficient for its own worries. (Matt. 6:34)
So this morning, we three women (get it?) laid our worries down at Jesus' feet. We exchanged our heavy burdens for His light burdens. We reminded ourselves that we are not responsible for other people, other relationships--especially in these holiday seasons and situations. I even had visual aids for the girls this morning. And I just wish I could get one to each of you! A Dove candy bar. Chocolate for your comfort food, should you need it...and the Dove to remind you to walk in the Spirit and not the flesh.
And remember the end of that first verse? "... but he who has a glad heart has a continual feast [regardless of circumstances]."
I don't know about you, but I want more than one kind of feast this week!! I bless you with a glad heart!!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I love you! I hope you have a great holiday and I wish I could get some visual aid. HA!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

amy wright said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Julie Simmons said...

Thanks, I needed that! All week, I've been so excited about the holidays--we have so much to be thankful for! But last night and this morning, when I look at the laundry and packing and traveling ahead, I feel overwhelmed. Thanks for the reminder...it really is a choice...I choose the feast! :-)

As We Are said...

Yes, that is a great Word. Thank you.