Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

We went to Pampa for Thanksgiving. We took Andy's mom with us. My brother & sister were there. I realized as I was loading my pictures that I didn't get one picture of all the great food!! Trust me....it was good...the first and second time!

My sister-in-law, Amy, in a cute Christmas apron. Scott, Zach & Shanna on the couch.


Amanda joined us for an American Thanksgiving. (She's from The Congo) She wasn't crazy about all of our food, but she did find some familiar things she liked. I could sympathize after having been to other countries and eaten their foods.


This is a picture of my brother, Gary, and Andy's mom, Liz.

My nephew, Aaron, passing through the kitchen as my sister, Sandra, and my mom are cooking. I guess I was hiding out behind the camera!! Busted!!


Zach & Shanna


The first shot of Zach & Shanna that we made Zach do-over.


The annual family football game begins.....


Zach takes off with the ball with cousin, Scott, right behind him. Later, Zach ruined the ball and the game was over!


A picture of the guys as the Cowboy game started. You'll notice where I get my desire to get all my Christmas decorations up early. Like mother, like daughter, like son....


Sandra's family introduced us to a new game: Apples to apples. Lots of fun! I think we played it for 2 hours. First, though, we played Catch Phrase. But some people never caught on to the rules! ha! You'll notice only one stocking hanging on the fireplace. My mom's youngest grandchild, Benjamin, found his and got it up there early!!


This actually took place yesterday. Our adopted daughter, Amanda, talked Andy into hanging the Christmas lights outside. He had no intentions of hanging lights. Daughters (adopted or otherewise) are pretty convincing!!


The finished result. Our little Gingerbread House.

9 comments:

amy wright said...

I love family because it's always the same...which makes it home.
I laughed when I read that Zach busted the ball. :)
The difference between adopted daughters and biological daughters is that the adopted daughter actually HELPED hang the lights. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

Becky Dietz said...

OH!! You're right! I kept trying to figure out that difference! hee-hee!

Rachel said...

Looks like a great day. I love the lights, can Andy and Amanda do our house next?

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Your lights look GREAT! Good job, Andy & Amanda! After Zach busted the ball, they should have broke out into a game of Joya!

Kara said...

What a good thanksgiving. LOVE the lights, Andy can come do ours too! HA!!

Anonymous said...

I love your house...so cute!

Cheryl Dietz said...

We love Apples to Apples too! Simple yet it can be very funny too! Missed seeing Mama this year.We will call her on Christmas I am sure, so let Mike or us know exactly where she will be so we can call!

Lindsey said...

While we missed seeing everyone in Pampa, we were having a pretty awesome feast of our own. We really enjoyed getting to know Amanda. Your lights do look really good! Love you!

Gary said...

It was great to see you guys, Becky, and we are already looking forward to Christmas. And for the record, Zach, Ben and I were KILLING the rest of the guys in football . . . at least until Zach ruined our fun by busting the football! LOL