Thursday, September 30, 2010

Red River

Here are some pictures from our trip to Red River....some of my favorites.

In front of the cabin...

...lots of beautiful wildflowers!

A glimpse into the "cabin"

The beginning of the color--when we got there.

I love the river!!

Ok...I worked for 30 minutes to turn this and finally got it, but let me tell you the story of this tree!  I just happened to take this pic--because I loved the texture of the tree.  If you enlarge it, you might be as surprised as I was when I saw it on my computer!!   Ok...it wouldn't enlarge after I finally got it turned.  It says:
A B
Dietz
2002
Is that not CRAZY that I didn't even see it when I took the picture???  (Andy loves to desecrate trees for me.  He did another one this year!)

Fawn Lakes area

Wild berries 

Caught a butterfly in motion

Beautiful golden color---this just doesn't do it justice!

We both had cameras....

A little more color before we left..

Lots more color the day we left.  It still wasn't peak! 
We had a wonderful time!!

5 comments:

amy wright said...

Great photos!
The one of the tree wouldn't enlarge for me. Does it say "I C U" and have a knot that looks like an eye?

Becky Dietz said...

Close, Amy. LOL! I edited---see above.

amy wright said...

How funny. Did you even see that in 2002? ha
But it does also say "I C U". :)

Becky Dietz said...

LOL! YES! We saw it in 2002 cause dad DID IT in 2002!! We just didn't remember him doing one in that spot. And now I see the I C U that you're talking about---and several "eyes!" Freaky!!

Becky Dietz said...

Makes me wonder if someone left that message after Andy did his artwork!!