Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Last Christian by David Gregory


If Jesus were to tarry his return, what do you imagine would be happening in the year 2088?  David Gregory has a pretty big imagination in The Last Christian and it really made me think!  With the way technology and knowledge is increasing, can you imagine people being able to visit face-to-face anyplace in the world in a virtual reality world?  Can you imagine brain transplants that would enable people to live forever?

That's only part of the story in The Last Christian.  Now imagine a 34-year-old daughter of missionaries coming out of a remote jungle village in Papau New Guinea into this virtual technological world--trying to save her village from a fatal disease.  And Abigail Caldwell is also one of the last Christians in the world.  Her grandfather has left her a virtual message which catapults her into trying to be a witness for Christ in this new world.  Abigail finds 2 men who respond to her kind spirit and gentle ways and who help her navigate this strange new world.

I'm not a big sci-fi fan.  So it was hard for me to get into this book.  I would read awhile, put it down, and then pick it back up.  But towards the last half of the book, I couldn't put it down.  That's when David Gregory began preaching his message through this fiction book.  And it inspired me!  And I do believe it's going to help me live my life differently.

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.  Maybe if I were a sci-fi fan, it would be 5 out of 5 stars.

Thank you to WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 

No comments: