Wednesday, September 22, 2010

35 Years

Andy & I will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary this weekend.  We're headed to the hills!

...to these hills.  The "cabin" we'll be staying in is actually in Angel Fire, New Mexico.  And I use the term "cabin" very loosely.  It's actually the HGTV dream home.  (Not really--but it's hard to tell the difference!)

I've heard the leaves have actually started changing.  Thirty-five years ago, we went to the same town for our honeymoon.  Red River, actually.  And the leaves were glorious then.  We were married on Sept. 27, 1975.  And Red River was mostly deserted that weekend.  The town was shutting down for the season.  Everywhere we went, we were some of the only people being served.  And everyone asked us if we were newlyweds.  I wonder how they knew??  (At least that was my thought process 35 years ago!)

Red River is one of our all-time favorite places.  We've spent many family vacations there.  I can hardly wait to get to the mountains and curl up by the fire and read a good book.  Andy can hardly wait to throw a fish hook into the water.  You might think 35 years sounds boring.  I think it sounds...comfortable and warm.


3 comments:

Sandra said...

Have a great trip! I'm jealous - the mountains in fall - one of my favorite things!
oh, and happy anniversary!

amy wright said...

Have a great time!! Happy (Early) Anniversary!

Tammy said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BECKY! i love red river also. comfortable and warm, that is a description i've never heard, but one i can relate to. we're at 33 1/2 years ourselves. have a wonderful trip. oh by the way, i stepped on my first crunchy, fallen leaf this week. i think fall is here, well every other 3 days or so. hahaha