Thursday, September 23, 2010

Surprise Celebration

These are some of the most giving people in the world!

What a great group of volunteers!  They make my heart happy.

There's a reason this is so small...who knew they made you wear sombreros for an anniversary??

I keep counting my blessings.  I know I'm one of the most blessed women alive...honestly!  I know I don't deserve any of it but what a sweet surprise tonight.  Larry Barnes and George Nies were aware that Andy & I were going to Red River for our 35th anniversary and they cooked up a surprise.  Actually, they included Andy in on it so he could get me there.  Andy told me last night that we were going to the Plaza tonight...so I wasn't to cook anything.  I asked him if I wasn't supposed to ask questions...or what...and he told me I couldn't.  I didn't think too much about it.  But when he told me it was time to leave tonight, I saw the Sherman's car in the Yarbrough's driveway and asked, "So we're going w/ the Sherman's and Yarbrough's, right?"  He just laughed at me.  Then we drove by the White's house and their car wasn't in the driveway, so I said, "It's the White's, isn't it?  They're already gone!"  Another laugh.

I couldn't have guessed what I saw when I walked in the Plaza---the whole Living Water gang!!  I was so overwhelmed.  They just wanted to honor us on our 35th anniversary and give us a send-off before we left for Red River.  It was amazing.  We had so much fun fellowshipping with all our sweet friends.  And I was reminded yet once again....I am truly, truly blessed!!  Thanks, guys, for a wonderful surprise!  I love you all.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Wow, that's pretty sweet.