Monday, April 12, 2010

The power of the Holy Spirit


I'm reading a fiction book that Sandra loaned me named The Hidden Flame by Davis Bunn & Janette Oke.  It's a story based on the life of a woman named Abigail in the days following Jesus' death and resurrection.  It follows the lives of the disciples and the people surrounding them in those days.  The interesting thing to me has been how they walked in the power of the Holy Spirit.

And then tonight, I was reading Luke 4.  It's the story of when Jesus was tempted by Satan.  And after he overcame the temptation, it says, "Then Jesus went back full of and under the power of the Holy Spirit into Galilee, and the fame of Him spread through the whole region round about."

I know we battle walking by the Spirit or by our flesh.  At least, I do.  God's been busy showing me more of my flesh.  I've decided to make it a prayer of mine each morning to ask God to fill me and help me walk under the power of the Holy Spirit.  I'll let you know how it goes....

No comments: