Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Daughters-in-law

I had a wonderful experience this past weekend.  Our church had a women's retreat in Amarillo.  Since I had a room all to myself, I decided to invite my 3 daughters-in-law and see if any of them could join me.  Not only did all 3 join me for Friday night dinner, 2 of them joined me for the entire retreat---as did our friend, Heather.  (She's getting married this summer!)  The five of us ate dinner at one of our favorite places--KABUKI!!  Before we met, Shanna & Lindsey made a trip to Target and picked up these cute rain boots.

Shanna, left.  Lindsey, right.


Shanna (Zach's wife) and Heather, our friend.  Did I tell you she's marrying Michael Murry of the famed band, A Road Less Traveled?


Lindsey (David's wife) and me.


Lisa (Matt's wife) enjoying sushi!  I thought Amy would appreciate seeing the sushi.


 
It's so nice to sit back and let a man cook for you!


 
And the highlight---FIRE!


The five of us.  We had a great meal and a great retreat.  Thank you, girls, for blessing me by coming.  I enjoyed every minute with you!  I can't tell you the number of women who told me they were jealous that my daughters-in-law joined me.  They told me how blessed I am....and I agreed!  (I just noticed everyone's blonde but me!)   And next year we're planning ahead so we can get Amy here to join us!  At least then, it will be 2 to 1---blondes to redheads!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

You're so welcome! It was fun!

amy wright said...

It looks like fun. I love Kabuki and I also love all of the blondes that my brothers have brought to us. Now, you know, if I come next year, I'll actually be the only person with her real hair color. Badumba-ching! ;)

Becky Dietz said...

Now Amy...no one knew I had gray hair til you blew my cover. ; ; (I need a little more cover as we speak.)

Tammy said...

Becky - you ARE blessed, but i am thinking you already know that! :)

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Wish I could have been there! If only I had married Zach like I had planned.