Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Another form of prayer


I love this picture.   This is my prayer group--I'm the redhead.  (Aren't I slim??)

This morning, I couldn't wait to get together with my prayer group.  And apparently, they felt the same way.  We needed to talk about the women's retreat and about what God did there.  One of our friends gave her testimony at the retreat and we were so proud of her---it was her first time to share it and I'm sure it won't be the last. 
We met at 7:15 a.m. and I had to leave by 8:45 a.m.  At 8:30, we were still talking--no praying.  But then I realized our talking had been a form of prayer.  Of praise.  We had excitedly talked about what God had done in that 1 1/4 hours.  Our conversation was full of praise.  But we finished it off directing it to Him.  He's a good God!
Malachi 3:16  "Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD listened and heard."

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

And I still pray that I'll have friendships like yours someday!