Thursday, October 14, 2010

Floods predicted on Crockett St.

The end must be near.  It's flooding on Crockett St. in Borger, Texas!  Actually, my dishwasher or my disposal backed up into my basement sink...and into the floor...and into the basement living room...and on into the closet.  And I cried, "Come quickly, Lord Jesus!"

And then I borrowed a carpet knife and began cutting up carpet and rolling it up (while trying not to touch it---hard feat!) and threw it out the back door.  HGTV has paid off.

Then I lit candles all over my house (nasty smell!) and grabbed my mop and Lysol...and bleach...and 409.  I couldn't find the mop pail, so I dunked my mop in the toilet and started swiping the floor.  Trust me...it was a vast improvement over what was on my floor.

I went upstairs to grab paper towels and began mopping up my countertop after spraying 409.  Some of that gunk was glued down.  It looked like seaweed.  Maybe the ocean is backing up into Crockett St. in Borger, Texas!

The plumber is coming in the morning.  And I think the disposal is history.  Pray for my plumber...I want God to guide him so it's a quick, easy fix.  And I think he'll appreciate the prayers for his health and safety.

3 comments:

As We Are said...

Oh Becky, I feel your pain! Last week our garbage disposal backed up into my laundry room, but thankfully we didn't hit any carpet. Oh, but the smell! I almost through up, and I'm pretty tough. Praying it's cleared up soon!! On a positive note, did you need new carpet? :)

As We Are said...

Sorry, threw up, NOT through up.

Becky Dietz said...

Praise God!! Quick, easy fix. Of course, the plumber gets paid far more than I do for 5 minutes...but not nearly as painful as I feared. And I think he left healthy.