Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thunder & Rain


It's raining in Borger.  Actually, it's rained off and on all day.  It's been wonderful!  But it wasn't until I heard thunder for the first time today that I realized how long it's been since I've heard thunder!!  I couldn't wait to get home from work and crawl into my warm bed and just get cozy.  I decided to run to Wal-Mart's Red Box and get the Babies movie after reading Lissa's blog today.  Then I had to run to United on an errand.  While I was there, I realized I hadn't eaten lunch and was hungry!  So I called in an order for fajitas at Plaza and went to pick up my dinner at 3:30 p.m.!!  Much to my delight, a book was waiting on my doorstep (in a very wet box!) which I'd pre-ordered a couple of months ago---the new Joel Rosenberg book.  I couldn't decide which luxury to indulge in first.  But I chose the fajitas because they were hot.  I plugged in my movie and watched 4 adorable babies during their first year.  By 5:00, I was in my pajamas and in my bed with a fresh-brewed cup of flavored coffee.  (Did I mention Andy is out of town?)  I turned everything off and read the first 12 chapters of my book.  And in the silence, I enjoyed the rumble of thunder and the sound of rain on my window.  A perfect, perfect evening.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh, that sounds so PERFECT! Way better than my bath and book!

amy wright said...

And then you talked to me. :)

Becky Dietz said...

Yep! Just got better and better!!

As We Are said...

Oh gosh Becky, I'm drooling just reading this post. Sounds delicious!!

God's Gal Sarah said...

HOW PERFECT! I want a day like this =))