Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ghosts

Don't you just love this time of year when all the ghosts and goblins come out?  You know I'm just kidding.  But I do have one ghost story to tell you.

Yesterday, Spanky brought by about 10 large boxes of books to Living Water.  A woman in our church had died and these were her books.  I began going through them to find the ones I wanted to keep for the Living Water library.  I just happened to pick up a book entitled Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer.  I thumbed through it and just happened to see 2 purple pieces of paper.  I thought, "Helen wrote some notes!"  And when I began to read them, I realized it was a prayer written for Ralph & Gayle White!!  I was blown away.  I didn't even know they knew one another.  I called Ralph and told him I had a message from the grave for him.  When I took it to him, I asked him if he knew Helen.  He didn't....which made the discovery even more intriguing.  Jodina happened to be there and she came to look at the note and exclaimed, "That's Tere's handwriting!!"  (Tere is her sister.)  We all looked at one another with question marks all over our face.  Jodina called Gayle to tell her about the note to see if she knew Helen.  She didn't.   We couldn't figure out how Tere's note got in Helen's book.  Or...if Helen actually wrote the note.  (Ralph & Gayle were blessed by the message, by the way!)

So this morning, in our prayer time, we called Tere to see if there was some connection we could make out of all of this.  We guessed that Tere had sold the book in a garage sale and left the note in the book.  But Tere said she still had her book.  From the message on the note, we guessed it had been written between 6-10 years ago.  Assuming Tere actually wrote the note, we were amazed that the note remained in the book, that it ended up on Helen's shelf, that it made it's way to Living Water and it came on a day when the White's had prayed for encouragement!  Proof positive that the Holy Ghost had been at work!  Amazing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you arec invited to follow my blog