Friday, October 1, 2010

The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen


This was my favorite book I took with me to read while at Red River---I was a reading fool!  This book was set in the 19th century in an English manor.  Actually, this isn't my favorite genre of Christian fiction.  But Julie Klassen held me captive from the beginning of this book.

Olivia Keene escapes her turbulent home and narrowly escapes assault by men in the forest as she runs.  She's focused on getting to a girls' school to apply for a position as teacher.  Instead, she ends up at a beautiful English manor where she overhears a secret.  The lord of the manor then attempts to control Olivia so that his secret isn't revealed.

There are so many layers to this book.  I was delighted (yes, delighted!) when Julie Klassen wove the beginning of the story into the end of the story.  I might have considered it a couple of times throughout the book, but it actually brought a smile to my face when it was unveiled.

I wholeheartedly endorse this book!  I give it 5 out of 5 stars!  You can become a book reviewer, too! 

Thank you to Bethany House Publishing Group for providing this book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

yep. I loved this one too.