Monday, February 1, 2010

Some Favorites of Florida--2nd Post

I'm HOME! I got to Amarillo about 5:00 this evening and Andy was there to pick me up. When I got to the car, I found these in my seat. Now I have a great husband, but he's never given me flowers when I've gotten home from a trip. But on my way to the airport this morning, Josiah and I had this conversation:
Josiah: Gee, I bet Buff gives you flowers when you get home.
Gee: You think so, Buddy? I'm not so sure.
Josiah: Yes! He'll give you some flowers.
Gee: Will you call Buff and tell him to get me some flowers?
Josiah: No! No, Gee. He WILL!
Gee: I don't know, Josiah....I guess we'll see!

A little birdie told me that Josiah called Buff and asked, "Buff, will you get Gee some flowers?" Way to go, Buddy!! I love my flowers, don't you?? You're quite the man, Siah. Thanks for looking out for Gee.


I was in Florida for a week. Jay & Amy went to a winter conference in Greensboro, North Carolina while I stayed with the kids. Below are some of my favorite pics from the week.


School doesn't always look like this for Josiah. Sometimes he's standing on his head as he learns. This boy is never still for long. But he has an almost photographic memory (like his dad!). He beat Isaac & me consistently at the Matching Game.



Here, Isaac has spelled words as I called them out. He made an A+. He's also an excellent student.


This is Olivia with Olivia. Have you read the books? I wish I could describe this little girl's personality. She is hysterical---and very loved. Her big brothers adore her. I think she's one of the easiest kids I've ever kept! She has a very layed-back attitude.



Josiah has quite the sense of humor. I don't know many 4-year-olds who have such a well-developed sense of humor. He's also a prankster. I love this kid!



Olivia began telling me, "Potty, potty!" while I was there. So we sat there quite a bit. She stayed on her cell phone each time she sat on her potty chair.



Best purchase I made while in Florida---a pencil sharpener. If you don't have one, you should get one. It keeps kids very entertained---and all pencils sharp.



Isn't she beautiful? And she didn't even seemed scarred by her locked-in-the-car episode.



Josiah sound asleep. (A rare occurrence)



Isaac. He really is asleep--it almost looks fake. This was after a night of sobbing about me leaving. But the last night I was there, I put kisses all over the boys' pillows so they could get a kiss from me anytime they need one---and they won't even wash off!



Mommy treated us to Dunkin' Donuts this morning before I left. A great breakfast with some pretty cute kids!!

3 comments:

amy wright said...

Sweet pictures. My boys need haircuts!!! You are already missed.
Josiah said flowers and we didn't know that he'd go all out for roses. :) I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. Get lots of sleep tonight!!!

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Man, every kid needs a Gee or a Guh or a Gran in their life! I hope all those Dietz kids and spouses know how blessed they are to have such a loving grandma doting on their kids!! I know they do know. Man, you're making good memories with your grandkids! I love it!

Lindsey said...

Awww, this makes me miss them really bad.