Thursday, February 25, 2010

Finally!

Andy & I did something we've never done before. We ordered a car. A brand new car. One that hadn't been built yet. We didn't intend to do that, but when we went looking for one, we were trying to keep it affordable and found one we liked---but it had all the bells and whistles we didn't need. Our friendly car man told us we could order a brand new one and it would be cheaper. So we did....last November!! We've been waiting patiently and in the meantime, our trade-in was falling apart. We told our friendly car man and he insisted that we not invest any money in our old car. So we limped that car to the lot today when we got word that our new car had finally made it in---all the way from Canada! (Marcy, wish your family could have hopped in!) When Andy called me from the new car this afternoon, the only thing I insisted on is that I got to see the new car before Ralph!!

It's mocha colored.

And it smells new.

Can you tell where we took it first? (After we made a trip to the bank and insurance company, that is....)


And guess who will be driving this new car?

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow! Nice car. Hope you get to drive it some.

amy wright said...

I love the color. Now it needs to make its way out to Florida for its first 3,000 miles. :)

As We Are said...

CUTE! I love the color! Congrats you new car owners!

Lindsey said...

Ooh! Ooh! I love it! And I know where you took it first...Plaza!!! What do I win???

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

Love it!! Since it came from Canada, did you make sure the speed ometer was in mph and not km per hour? HA! Is it a Chevy crossover? Get pics of the inside too.

TheShermanFam said...

How did I miss this!? It's so cute! And darn that Lindsay...You're at the Plaza! HA!!
Congrats on your new car!! :D

Becky Dietz said...

It's a Chevy Equinox, Marcy. I had to ask. But I knew the color---mocha.