Saturday, February 6, 2010

Homemade Softener


For all you girls making homemade laundry soap, my cousin just gave me this recipe for homemade fabric softener:
Homemade Fabric Softener... For 1 gallon:
6 cups water (I use distilled water)
3 cups white vinegar (I use about 2 3/4 cup but the original recipe calls for 3 so play around with it and find what works for you)
1 1/2 – 2 cups hair conditioner
Note: if you warm up the water in the microwave, it makes it easier to mix the conditioner. Otherwise it might get a bit “lumpy”.

She also said this: "I'm loving saving money making my own laundry soap! I searched for a recipe for fabric softener and found some! This morning I tried one suggestion of simply using white vinegar in the rinse compartment in my washer. Wonderful! The clothes simply smell fresh and clean but I was most impressed by how soft and fluffy ...they came out! I didn't use a dryer sheet either and there wasn't any static! I can handle this! I filled the rinse dispenser 1/2 with vinegar and filled to the line with water. The washer smelled like vinegar but the clothes just smelled fresh!"

Thanks, Sue!

No comments: