Sunday, November 15, 2009

This Little Light of Mine

Ryan & Addie's Cubbies' group was singing at our church this morning. And it just so happened that they were spending the weekend with us---so they "got to sing on stage," as they put it. (They kind of like the stage)

Here they are in the middle of the group.

This is their pose. For some reason, Ryan started posing with his hands like this each time! ha!

I had to include this photo. Not just because they were laughing hysterically, but because Ivy is next to them crying. Poor kid...she was having a bad morning.

Bryson stole the show last time he was on stage...I was hoping to catch him on video...

But alas...his dad was giving him a big "talking-to" before the performance. Dadgumit!

I was careful of which panties I put on Addie---I thought this might happen. When we got home, I realized her mom had packed tights that I had missed somehow! ha!

The kids (except my 2) were getting ready to watch the baptism. (I doubt Ms. Georgia or Ms. Amber would appreciate this photo.)
And this was how they watched the baptism....you'll see the importance of this later...

Ryan & Addie clapping for the baptisms


Ahhhh....some kids never recovered from watching the baptism...ever!



I didn't think my camera was recording....



...finishing up This Little Light of Mine



And the Grand Finale---The B-I-B-L-E!

After they finished singing, our pastor told them what a GREAT job they did. And then he compared the kids to our church---some dance to the worship, some cross their arms and hardly sing....and some just sleep right through it! LOL!

7 comments:

amy wright said...

Very cute. And I think that Bryson was squelched. You could see it in his dance moves that he REALLY wanted to steal the show. :)

Tammy said...

I think YOU have two performers on your hands! hahaha they are too cute.

Becky Dietz said...

I agree, Amy!! Dadgum ol' Derek! You would have loved watching Bryson at his last performance. HYSTERICAL!

Tammy, I have NO CLUE where these kids get their love of the stage....

TheShermanFam said...

Come on...leave me alone!!! I would not have given the pep talk if someone would not have made him get off stage last time.---Derek

Becky Dietz said...

Wow, Derek! You came to my blog? Did Ember make you??

TheShermanFam said...

Yes, how did you know? Not really...believe it or not, I kinda like you and Andy. You just never Dadgumed me before :-)

Lindsey said...

Tonight was the first time I saw this! I love it! I'm so glad you were able to capture a performance we didn't get to see. I love that you can hear Ryan at different points of the performance. I also love how they fell down at the same time and got right back up. The show must go on, right?? Poor Bryson...let the kid steal the show. And I wonder where my kids get their love of the stage????