Monday, November 9, 2009

Christmas Bug

I'm getting the Christmas bug. I've loved fall---it's the most beautiful fall I remember ever experiencing in the panhandle of Texas. The colors are still vibrant on some of the trees. But I'm ready. I'm ready for the cold weather, a fire in the fireplace, Christmas lights--all of it! But with the cough Andy's had these past 3 weeks, this photo above may be the best I get this year. Oh sure...I'll put the Christmas tree up, but I have a feeling the rest may not make it up. Of course, every year he says it's not going to happen, but then the neighbors all start putting their lights up and the pressure's on. He can't stand that. OH! And the other thing I have going in my favor is that he bought all new lights after Christmas last year. Maybe he'll want to try them all out!
We could always do this:


5 comments:

Sewn Together said...

I'm right there with you - however, Bret hasn't been under the weather and we put up Christmas lights this past weekend! I'm even pondering .... is it too early for a tree???? :) I guess being in a rent house last year and little to no Christmas decor to put out - I'll do twice as much this year! Bring it on - I'm so ready for Christmas this year and everything about it! Right there with you!

amy wright said...

It's so hard to get in the mood here. I think that our fall is just about to begin...by January we'll be ready for Christmas.

Becky Dietz said...

Mindy--This past weekend would have been PERFECT to put up lights here! The weather was beautiful.

Amy--Move back to Texas. But really, have Christmas in January!! You can buy everything on sale!! I've always wanted to do that.

Tammy said...

i am right there with you Becky!!! hope Andy recover's soon!

Rachel said...

My Christmas shopping is 85% complete. I am going to put the Christmas tree up the week of thanksgiving and completely enjoy my december. I am so excited. I'm ready!