Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Third Generation Male


Deja Vu. Ryan & Addie were here tonight (while their dad led worship for the youth) and Ryan was walking into the bathroom, getting ready to go home with his dad, singing "O Sole Mio." Andy has sung this song ever since I've known him. My kids grew up hearing it all the time. But here's how he sings it:
O Solo Mio
O Mio My-o
O Costa Rico
O Gorvadio.
(Don't waste your time trying to figure it out!)
So now...Ryan is growing up hearing his daddy singing the same version.
And now Ryan is continuing this male tradition.
I just wish I'd filmed it. As the guys realized what he was doing, we had the full-blown version from the first two generation males once again.

2 comments:

TheShermanFam said...

LOOVE it!!

Lindsey said...

I love it! And for all those people who don't believe it, I've never been to the Dietz house when Andy and/or David weren't singing that song. It just wouldn't be a trip to your house without it. That and Have Y'own Self a Merry Little Christmas...sung until August.