Tuesday, November 3, 2009

18 Kids & Counting


You can say what you want about a family having so many children, but isn't it refreshing to see a family who loves and respects one another? I personally love that TLC has chosen to feature a family with such strong Christian values. After watching the 25th anniversary of Jim Bob & Michelle, it made me happy to hear the kids say that they knew their parents loved one another--and even act surprised that they were asked such a question. Even though they allow their kids to be kids and embrace each of their personalities, there's still discipline and consideration for one another. I just can't get past the word "respect" when I think of the Duggar family. If you'd like to thank TLC for featuring their show, go here and send an email to them. It's a little bit of a process, but worth it to let them know we appreciate them! And by the way...I believe every child is a gift from God.

After hearing Kate Gosselin tell her story tonight, it just made me so aware of how much we need to be praying for people in the spotlight---especially Christian brothers and sisters. They're no different from us except maybe the temptations become bigger when they're set up as a Christian example. (And maybe the fact that their warts are out there for all to see while ours remain somewhat hidden.) I encourage you to be praying for these families. Pray that God protects them---and redeems them.

2 comments:

Marcy Faye Hallden said...

I LOVE the Duggars!! They are such intentional people--and so full of grace! I like how their family operates. Think I will email TLC like you said.

amy wright said...

I wish I had TLC. But then I'd get nothing done!