Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Prayer Warriors Wanted

I know prayer works.  I've seen God do amazing things.  I've seen a young girl healed of seizures.  I've seen God provide thousands of dollars.  I've seen a prodigal come home.  I've seen a man healed of drug addiction.  I've seen marriages restored.  I've seen God provide a pathway of healing.  I've seen all of these things...and so many more!

The needs seem to be growing, don't they?  And I'm not sure the number of prayer warriors is growing in proportion to the need or at the same rate.

About 23 years ago, a group of us were faced with needs and challenges and we wanted to get together and pray.  Actually, we had no clue what we were doing.  So we decided to get together and learn how to pray.  We came humbly before God and just admitted we didn't know how to pray.  We asked Him to teach us and we were open-minded and open-hearted.  Andy usually led us in a time of praise before we'd begin praying.  We'd pray..and we'd listen.  We desperately wanted to agree with God.  And we desperately wanted to see Him work in our lives.  And He did.

We saw a young girl healed of seizures during those days.  We saw God provide thousands of dollars...you get the picture.  We prayed and He moved.  And it's made me a believer that prayer works.  Did God ever tell us no?  Of course!  He's a good, protective parent and He knows better than we do what is best for us.

If you don't know how to pray, just start.  Hopefully, you can find someone with the same heart with whom you can pray. Read God's Word out loud to Him.  Praise Him!  Ask Him to do those things He's done before.  Believe.  And keep asking.  I'd also encourage you to journal or at least have a prayer journal.  Keep track of those things you ask of God...and how He answers.  Seek Him with all of your heart.  Come simply...and ask your Daddy to show Himself strong.

"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong in behalf of those whose hearts are blameless toward Him."
II Chronicles 16:9

"For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous (those who are upright and in right standing with God), and His ears are attentive to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who practice evil [to oppose them, to frustrate, and defeat them]."
I Peter 3:12

No comments: