Sunday, February 9, 2014

Heaven



This is probably a poor analogy, but tonight as I was on Facebook, I thought, "This is what heaven is going to be like!"  As friends were commenting on a post I made, a wave of homesickness overcame me.  I miss some of my friends and would love to sit down over a cup of coffee and catch up!!  I have friends on FB from 50 years ago--and family that's known me all my life.  Some of my friends I don't see very often, but love them to death.  Some of my friends are new friends.   I'm so glad I moved to Groom--or I wouldn't have gotten to know them til heaven!

Don't you think heaven is going to be amazing?  I know the most important thing we'll do is worship our Creator.  But we're also going to be able to talk about what God has done in our lives.  I believe we'll be learning from one another as well as from God.  I believe we'll get to hear one another's stories.  Honestly, I don't think I can even imagine the greatness of heaven!

I'm just glad I got a little foretaste tonight.

No comments: