Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dogs & Grandkids

Ryan and Addie started out on my bed tonight watching American Idol with me.  Then I opened my facebook and they both wanted to write a message, so we did that.  Then we started talking about dogs. (They've been promised a dog since they got a house.)  So I decided to look up some pictures on the internet to show them. 
We started with this one:
Awwww...isn't he cute?  That was their response, too.
But then Ryan told me he wasn't getting this kind of dog, he was getting a poodle. 

So I looked up a poodle and showed him this:
AAAAAAIIIIIIIIII!!!  That was his response as he fell in a fit of giggles!  We were all laughing hysterically and we all decided it's NOT going to be a poodle!

Daddy got home and we showed him our pictures and he decided to look some up. 
He showed us this dog:
NOOOOOO!!  At this point, Addie's head goes under the covers.

So he unveils this beauty to us:
Ok...I couldn't find the exact photo David found, but this is close.  By this time, Addie was screaming and crying.  She didn't want to see anymore ugly dogs.  Only cute ones.

But this is the one that really did Addie in:
David actually thought he was showing her something "cute" that she would laugh about!  But she screamed, "I DON'T LIKE POODLES!!!!!"

So David showed Ryan this picture:
And David told Ryan that they had owned a doggie like this when Ryan was a baby.  Ryan couldn't believe it!!  He asked his dad what the dog's name was and David told him it was "Forrest."  Ryan began crying and came and fell in my lap to grieve for the dog he never knew he had.  And of course, I did what any good grandmother would do.....I was laughing hysterically!!!  Addie still had her head under the covers screaming about not wanting to see anymore ugly dogs (I'm just praying there's enough fun conversation on the way home and enough time lapse so there are no nightmares tonight!) and Ryan's crying over the dog he never knew he had.  I can hardly contain myself at this point.  But I begin telling Ryan that Forrest had gone to live on a farm (true) with a family and was probably chasing cows and chickens just like Jack on Little House on the Prairie.  Ahhhhh.....the tears stopped.  That did the trick!  Thank goodness they've been watching Little House so I had something that would compute.

  And with that.....the computer was closed.

6 comments:

amy wright said...

FYI--Forest only stayed with that family for a few weeks. He ran away, or was eaten by a coyote. Poor Forest.
Isaac cries over Forest, too. haha

amy wright said...

By the way, did I tell you we are getting a dog? A family here breeds Coton de Tulear dogs. They are about 5 weeks old now. We are getting "Andy". I think we'll have to change his name. haha

Lindsey said...

This is hysterical! We do miss Forest sometimes, and Ryan was still insisting this morning that he misses him so much. Amy, my aunt raises Cotons. They are so cute! By the way, no nightmares about scary dogs last night.

Becky Dietz said...

Amy, I told him that Forest had belonged to Isaac first. He grinned over that! Let's just dont' tell him the coyote part!! I had to look and see what your puppy looks like and read about them. A Molly-dog! That doesn't shed!!!! Awesome.

Becky Dietz said...

And by the way...David was telling us the black poodle was an Elvis poodle! That didn't bring Addie out from under the covers though.

Sarah said...

I say get a pound puppy!!!! Mutts make the best dogs and they tend to not have the health problems that pure breds do! This is my biased opinion because I have 2 of them and they are both great dogs!!! :) Sounds like you guys had tons of fun though and yeah, those dogs, well, they got uglier. I think the last one was the World's Ugliest Dog, from the contest...LOL